Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Today. I ask WHY?

Today I am asking why?

Why are so many today so selfish?

I have watched so much selfishness consume people's lives, driving away all things that should be important to them.

Today my heart breaks for some of my my most beloved friends and what they are going through.

I firmly believe that selfishness is one of the adversaries most successful attacks on relationships and individuals.

I deserve...I need....I want...people keep wanting more things for themselves. Never appreciating what they have in front of them. Always blaming others for the issues present and never taking responsibility for their own.

There is very little accountability anymore in the world, blame everyone else and accept no responsibility.

When did we stop caring for those around us? When did we become so driven for things rather than people? Why do people not see that lasting TRUE joy comes from serving and loving those around us??!!!


I also had a realization today after talking on the phone with a friend and ranting a bit via the above. I am guilty of being selfish also....I have been so absorbed with the difficulties in my life that I have sometimes neglected the people who were most there for me. Ironic how sometimes we take for granted the people who have been exceptional at being there for us because deep down we know they will and have been there for us. Pretty unfair. For this I am sorry, so sorry. Please know that you are SO loved. I treasure you individually and am more grateful for you each and everyday. Thank-you for reminding me to be better- this is one of the reasons I treasure our relationship so. You can call me on my crap;) I need those people in my life....the ones who not only can tell me to do better but inspire me to do better.

Love you from the bottom of my soul.

xoxo

And in other things....this post from my cousin's blog spoke to me today...

Sometimes you just gotta yell and scream

No comments: